Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware


Photos: Mr. Dickie
  • There is hardly a greater challenge for any of us than to have healthy, happy, and productive relationships. (A Time to Be Free, 18 August)
  • ... stop blaming everyone else for the mess you create for yourself. (Teresa Ann Willis, It's All Good! 18 August)
  • There's a big difference between giving someone a piece of your mind and promoting their peace of mind. (Mr. Dickie, 15 August 2008)

Did you miss me? We took a short break from computers and blogging. Melva, Cyndi and I went to visit our friend, Iris, at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Her apartment is 127 miles from our house and about a mile from the beach. We were there Thursday and Friday nights and returned home on Saturday afternoon. Cyndi drove both ways. We took the Toyota Camry because the Engine Light came on when I went to put gas in the Ford minivan. What good luck to have the problem before leaving home.

Friday night we went to a free concert at the beach bandstand. The four piece rock and roll group, The Jaime McLean Band, from New York City gave a very nice concert.

We sent shopping at all three locations of the Tanger Outlets. There are 130 stores if all are occupied. The ladies spent an hour on the beach and Cyndi also went to the pool where Iris lives.

On the way home we stopped at Crazy Harry's drugstore to look for some bargains. I was surprised when we got inside. Since our last visit, the chain was bought by Walgreen's.

I found time to finish reading "Facebook for Dummies" during the trip. I skipped over the chapters about using the site for business. I discovered that I will have to find out what "Active X control" is if I want to be able to use the best way of uploading photographs to Facebook.

I took seventeen photos. This morning I used the Picasa software to move the photos from the camera memory card to the my thumb drive. Then it was easy to include two of the shots in this blog. I couldn't do that before Cyndi gave me the digital camera for Father's Day. Modern technology can be fun, when it all works together. I hope you are having fun with some of it.

Mr. Dickie.

No comments: