Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thomas Point Lighthouse

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Thomas Point Lighthouse, now at the marine museum at Solomon's Island, Maryland)

True spirituality is not a religion - it is a state of being. (Mary Hession in Thinking Outside the Church, by Jennifer Leigh Selig, p. 225)

Loving is a blessing, a gift we give ourselves. (after Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Love, 5 August)

God's healing light and love flow through me now. I am being healed - mind and body. ... The response to the healing power of God is renewed life. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word for Healing, p. 142)

Today's photograph is of a silkscreen image of the Thomas Point Light which has been mounted in a large embroidery hoop. It hangs on the wall in one of our bedrooms.

Are you writing a WebLog? It's lots of fun. I particularly like how the Google Blog works. I also use the Google Picasa photo handler. The two work well together. I'm still learning. There are a few more things I'd like to try. For example, the slide show at the bottom of my blog page is provided by Google. I'd like to create one of my own. Being able to easily share some of the photos I've taken or that someone else took adds to the fun.

I advertise my blog in the closing I add to most of the Email messages I send out. I haven't learned how to count visitors to the Google blog yet so I don't have any idea whether anyone else is reading it or not. It really doesn't matter since I am getting a lot of personal enjoyment out of creating the journal entries. Don't hesitate to leave a comment if something catches your interest.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: