Saturday, August 30, 2008

Clutter



Journal writing can be fulfilling and healing. (At My Best, 26 August)

As long as you live keep learning how to live. (Seneca in Courage to Change, 27
August)

I discovered the website of a group that's interested in the lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay. http://cheslights.org/

Years ago I bought two polarizing filters to use when copying images with my SLR camera. I think they worked with two clamp on photo floodlights I also bought. The filters supposedly reduce the glare when the picture being copied is glossy. For a couple of days I have been trying to remember where I put the box with this equipment. When I can't find something it reminds me of our "clutter" issues.

It's comical to listen to the two political parties as the presidential election campaign wears on. The GOP has been saying the the the Democratic candidate, Obama, doesn't have the experience to be president. Do they think for a minute that the current president, George Bush, had the intelligence or experience to be president. The situation went from sad to ridiculous when the Republican candidate, McLain, announced that his running mate would be the woman governor of Alaska. She is forty-four years old with very little experience. Doesn't Mr. McLain realize that he's seventy-two years old. If elected he would be the oldest man to ever hold the office. If he dies while serving would this lady be better qualified to serve as president that Mr. Obama? You've got to be kidding!

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: