Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August Days


Photo: Internet

  • If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else. (Marvin Gaye in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 14 August)
  • Relief from the burden of compulsions frees our potential and grants us distance from the pain of our lifestyle. (Body, Mind, and Spirit, 15 August)
  • Don't wait for an earthquake or a flood or a blizzard before you begin to discover what you have in common with someone who appears to be different from you. (Terry Ann Willis, It's All Good! 11 August)


I'm trying to read the book, Facebook for Dummies. It seems to me that the book spends too much time announcing what is going to be described later in the book and too much time dwelling on privacy and security issues. Much of the text seems redundant after a while.
I posted a photograph of one of Melva's quilts to my Facebook album. It wasn't long before I knew that the photo had been viewed by Melva's nephew in Panama. He added a comment to the photo. That's neat.

I was "out of action" for much of yesterday afternoon. I had a headache that I wasn't able to relieve for several hours. That's never much fun.

Something went wrong with my Picasa photo albums. All of the images on my thumb drive disappeared. I have no idea what I did right before this happened. Good grief! The photos are still on the thumb drive. Picasa just doesn't know they are there. There are 624 photos which seems to be too many to deal with at any one time. There's always lots to learn. And don't let me forget to say, and to remember. It seems like the "to remember" part is getting more and more difficult. It's not a good feeling.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: