Monday, August 25, 2008

Minivan in the Shop


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Black-eyed Susans in our yard, border added with my digital camera.)

"The horror of that moment," the King said, "I shall never, never forget." "You will, though," said the Queen, "if you don't make a memorandum of it." ((Lewis Carroll: Thought the Looking Glass) in One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 18 August)

Spend time alone in objective thought as you consider the direction of your life. (I Ching (The Receptive) in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 17 August)

Yesterday something went wrong with posting this blog to Facebook. First the entry posted without all of the text. Later I went to Facebook and deleted the entry. Then I did a minor update to the Google blog entry, hoping that it would post again. It didn't. Oh well.

Before we left for a short trip to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware the minivan cut out went I went to buy gas. We were lucky to discover the problem before we left town. This morning I took the car to the Ford dealer. Nowadays you just have to expect that any repairs will be expensive. Since this car has given us long faithful service I try not to get to upset when they tell me what it's going to cost. We've taken so many nice trips in this vehicle. I'd really miss it, if we didn't have the minivan.

Today we ordered a quilting foot for the Kenmore sewing machine that Melva bought a while back. We expect delivery about a week from now. Then Melva can see how well the new machine works for quilting.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: