Monday, August 18, 2008

Secret of Living

Photo: (Melva - Cyndi and Dick with Christmas Poinsettia that bloomed in our house.)

One secret of living successfully in a multi-cultural society is to respect differences while preserving our own distinct character and traditions. (Vanceburg and Silverman, Family Feelings, 11 August)

Write a personal mission statement. Record it in your journal. (Mr. Dickie after Stephen R. Covey, Daily Reflections For Highly Effective People, 12 August)

I will not look for perfection in another person until I have attained perfection myself. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 12 August)

I'm having lots of fun with blog writing and with posting photographs to the blogs and to Internet photo albums. I don't care whether others are reading the blogs or looking at the photographs. It's enough fun just to make the information and the photographs available.

I haven't had such good luck with the Groups I created. There's not much interest in joining either the family group or the genealogy group. I was hopeful that both groups would promote the exchange of information. So far neither group has enough members to make it interesting. Maybe folks are shy about putting any information on the Internet. Both groups are private which I suppose means that only those I accept as members can see the information. I say "suppose" because, as we all know, often what we are told now-a-days turns out to be false.

The feed of information from this Google blog to the "notes" in my Facebook worked. I like that idea. It insures that there will be something new on Facebook every time I post to the Google blog. There is one problem. Many of my Facebook "friends" speak Spanish as their first language. Well, at least they can look at the photographs if they don't have the time to deal with all of the English.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: