Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Thin Man

Photo: Mr. Dickie in front of an azalea at the corner of the house. How'd I get that thin?

A grudge is a contraction of the heart, a holding back from positive feelings. When we hold a grudge, it stands in the way of love and happiness flowing in and out of our lives. (M.J. Ryan, Instant Health and Happiness Boosters, 13 August)

I have a responsibility to cherish this life God has given me and to live it. I accept this responsibility and consider it to be a blessing. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word for Healing, p.l 156)

It took two attempts yesterday before I was able to check out a copy of the book, "Facebook For Dummies." I couldn't get my act together. At the second library I couldn't find the book. I maintained my presence of mind and asked a librarian for help. She went downstairs and got the book for me. The book had been returned to the branch but not to the shelf. This has happened before and I remembered. It was interesting to learn about how Facebook came to be created.

Last night Cyndi and I were in touch on our computers using Instant Messenger for the first time since she got high speed Internet on Saturday. I'm still using a phone line connection. Now she will be able to send me an IM when she wants me to free up the phone for a phone call.

I'm quite thin in this photograph. I wish I could report that I am still at that weight. I can't. I've got some eating issues that aren't under control.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: