Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Has Sprung


Spring has sprung,
The grass is riz,
Where last year's,
Careless driver is.
(Burma Shave)

It is sad when the new generation imitates the sins of the old generation. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 34)

The secret is to substitute the positive for the negative. (One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 25 January)

All it takes is one determined person who refuses to let the good times be forgotten. (Toni Sortor and Pamela McQuade, The Word On Life, 9 January)

******

First day of Spring yesterday. We went immediately from winter to summer. I turned on the air conditioner late in the afternoon. It was so warm Melva suggested we wash her car. I changed three of the CDs in her car player. We went to Bob Evans to eat an early supper.

I found a 2004 backup floppy of my music catalog. It was in the DBF format with over 2,100 records. I opened the file with Excel and converted it to a comma delimited file (CSV). The CSV file works with my CSVEd program. Once the file was working with CSVEd I keyed 87 new records for CDs I purchased in the last couple of years. There's still lots more work to do because I either lost many records or never created records for several hundred other CDs I created when I had a working CD recording machine.

I'm working on an Atkinson genealogy project. I'm gathering information about this family from several sources. The goal is to consolidate all of the information in one new RootsMagic file.

Mr. Dickie
21/Mar/2010 9:37

No comments: