Monday, March 15, 2010

Let's Get Started


To effect the quality of the day, that is the highest of acts. (Henry David Thoreau, Walden, p. 117)

Having a baby changes everything. (Johnson and Johnson)

Are you walking on an emotional tightrope? Give an old friend or family member a call. Ask them to pray for you. (After, Devotions for Women on the Go by Stephen Arterburn and Pam Farrel, 15 January)

******

Over the weekend I picked up a couple of additional Facebook friends, bringing my total number of friends to one hundred. It's always fun so see who will show up next.

I'm working on a project to extract 1005 Atkinson family records from my Conger file because I want to add them to a new RootsMagic file I'm building. It's lots of work and somewhat upsetting because it reminds me of the fact that I waited too long to convert from the DOS PAF program to a Windows genealogy program.

The recent rain and the melting snow caused flooding along the Potomac yesterday. There's a picture of the cherry trees standing in water on the front page of this morning's newspaper. I believe a spring is flowing under the street that runs in front of our house. At the bottom of the hill there's a big pothole of water, mud and asphalt taking up the lane on the uphill side of the street. It won't be easy to fix.

Mr. Dickie
15/Mar/2010 8:33

No comments: