Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Because some cared enough to dream, to pursue, to follow through and complete their quest, our lives are more comfortable, more stable. That's enough to spur me on. How about you? (Charles R. Swindoll, Wisdom for the Way, p. 85)

We must never forget our debt to spiritual leaders [and teachers and relatives] who have gone before us. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-to-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 34)

******

The weather was beautiful yesterday. Melva and I took a walk in the neighborhood. Afterwards I walked to the mailbox at the shopping center to mail a couple of bill payments. After being assured that WETA one of our PBS radio and television operations will only ask for funds once a year I mailed a check for another year of membership. I listen to the classical music on their radio station and watch many of the programs on their television channels.

I worked for an hour and a half on one of my clutter elimination projects. There were four cardboard boxes full of notebooks and paper in the shed.. I made a first pass through all of the contents. I filled two and a half milk crates with paper I plan to put in the recyle bin next Tuesday. I hope they will take it. I found one notebook that was definite for the trash can. Maybe I will clean up the other notebooks and donate any that can be salvaged to the thrift store. If I stick to the task I should be able to free up all of the space those boxes were taking up. By the way, this activity isn't "fun" it's just necessary. But, you knew that already without reading my blog.

Mr. Dickie
17/Mar/2010 9:18

No comments: