Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Community Service


If the greatest benefactor of your acheivement is yourself, then perhaps your ambition is out of control. (The One Year Mini For Men, 10 March)

In ... quiet time, we read and pray and get our minds in the right mood for the day. Starting the day right is a great help ... (Twenty-Four Hours A Day, 4 March)

******

I don't get it. Why is it a punishment, and a good idea, to sentence someone who has broken the law to do community service? Isn't doing service a privilege?

We used our new county-provided recycling bin for the first time yesterday. They took all of the paper I removed from old notebooks. Now I'm inspired to continue working on that part of my clutter reduction project. I found enough paper to shred yesterday to fill the shredder basket. That's progress too.

Mr. Dickie
24/Mar/2010 7:32

No comments: