Saturday, March 27, 2010

Death

This is life. It's not about death and sacrifice. Get rid of what you don't need. Live. (Steve Case, Everything Counts, 8 January)

... death is a human experience that binds all men together. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 33)

... you don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now. (Joan Baez, in The Promise of a New Day, 5 March)

Death is an appointment, not an accident. (Warren W. Wiersbe, Chapter-By-Chapter Bible Commentary, p. 19)

******

I think I discovered one of my friends from my days in Wichita, Kansas on Facebook. It's always fun to see whether I read the clues correctly.

I picked up two pieces of information to add to my genealogy file "notes" via Facebook yesterday. I never know where I'll find something I can use.

Last night I decided to record the show, Who Do You Think You Are? That way, when I watch the program, I can bypass all of the annoying commercials and the unnecessary reviews after each commercial. I wonder why I didn't think of this after I watched the first show.

I continued to make progress on my paper sorting, shredding and filing project. There's now visible evidence that I have been busy. I did manage to create another pile of paper that needs filing in my file cabinet.

After a break of a couple of days I posted some new pages to my two genealogy blogs. Blog posting is an interesting exercise because there is very little feedback to indicate whether one is posting just for their own amusement.

Mr. Dickie
27/Mar/2010 9:19

No comments: