Friday, March 5, 2010

Genealogy Project


[Without taking a drink or drugs you can experience a hangover, an ] ... emotional hangover, the direct result of yesterday's and sometimes today's excesses of negative emotion - anger, fear, jealousy, and the like. (As Bill Sees It, p. 48)

The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts ... take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. (Marcus Aurelius in 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer, p. 101)

******

I'm working on a project to develop a method of salvaging some descendant charts I created years ago with the program, DESCEND. The idea is to convert these "text" files to "PDF" files that are suitable for viewing on a computer screen or printing out. I'm using a document about the Winland family of Monroe county, Ohio that I created in 2004 for my testing. Yesterday I made lots of progress. Lots of steps and several programs are involved. The process involved the shareware program, DESCEND. The freeware programs, EditPadLite and PDF995. And, the commercial program, MSWord.

The weather was nice yesterday. I took the opportunity to locate the pruning saw in the shed and use it to remove the damage part of the holly bush. I also pushed two grocery carts from "the hood" back to the grocery store parking lot. One of them was in neighbor, Fred's, garage and the other down at the end of the street that runs past his house. In all I returned three carts that showed up during the bad snow storm. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, "This kind of thing drives me nuts!"

Mr. Dickie
5/Mar/2010 8:11

No comments: