Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Correcting Faults

San Andreas Fault

Let us always remember that any society of men and women that cannot freely correct its own faults must surely fall into decay if not into collapse. Such is the universal penalty for the failure to go on growing. Just as each ... [of us] must continue to take moral inventory and act upon it, so must our whole Society if we are to survive and if we are to serve usefully and well. (As Bill Sees It, p. 65)

******

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning. I was still trying to get my nose open enough to breathe at 7:00 a.m. I used the extra time to write a couple of yellow pages of journal notes, listen to The Pastoral Symphony on WETA-FM and catch up on some of my daily reading. I finished reading, "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace," by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I posted the "date read" to my 2010 reading database. I plan to post to WeRead when I sign on to Facebook later today.

Every once in a while someone will surprise me when they mention that they noticed I didn't post to one of my blogs or that they read something in one of them. I have some followers of my blogs. "Followers" are people who registered as such. Google notifiers them whenever I post. There's a "followers" box in the blog sidebar. I use the Google Reader to follow serveral blogs, including my own.

Melva asked me if I could remember the author and book title of two quilting books she checked out of the library. I couldn't. It was a good question because it presented an opportunity to test out a new library service. My online library account now offers an option "to save a history" of books I've checked out. I signed on to my account and went to the history display. In a minute I had the information she wanted about the two books by, Jill Reber. Next I checked the library catalog to see how many copies of each book the library owns. At the same time I could check which branches have the books on the shelf.

Melva and I were pleased yesterday that we were able to hire two men to replace the 2' x 8' section of flooring that rotted out in our shed. My idea for waterproofing turned out to be a big mess. The material I bought was too thin, making it difficult to apply. I felt bad about that. Because I didn't have any experience with the product I bought I had no idea how it would work. Of course there were no clerks available at Loew's. You shop in the "big box" hardware stores at your own risk. I have a hunch that the material will work once it has time to dry.

Yesterday I made Facebook friends with Diane, the daughter of one of my cousins. I was already friends with her two children. I'm still hopeful that there will be more interaction among the various family members on Facebook. Only two of my generation are on Facebook.

Mr. Dickie
3/Mar/2010 7:04

No comments: