Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where's My Book?


Wait until the time is right. It is self-defeating to postpone or procrastinate; it is also self-defeating to act too soon, before the time is right. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 12 November)

******

I looked for a book, off and on, for three days. It's one I'm thinking about reading in 2010. Yesterday I noticed that I couldn't see the books behind two or three wooden statues on a bookshelf. I knew, as soon as I realized that the statues were blocking the view, that the book I wanted would be in that spot. It was!

Saturday afternoon we had a surprise visitor. Phillip stopped by for a visit. His parents built a house in our neighborhood many years ago. We hadn't seen Phillip for many years. We enjoyed catching up on news about his family, his father and siblings.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: