Thursday, November 19, 2009

RootsMagic Installation


When a person is always carping and criticizing and complaining his irritable anger ceases to have any significance or any effect. (William Barclay, The Gospel of Luke (DSB), p. 195)

I will keep myself aware of the many blessings that come to me each day and remember to be thankful for them. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 14 November)

******

Recovering from any computer disaster is never easy. Yesterday I was in the proper frame of mind to start work on trying to install my genealogy program, RootsMagic, on my old desktop Gateway computer. I found the CD in the closet and it installed without any problems. Then I downloaded and installed the latest update for version three (3.2.6). I created six folders for the program to use. To test the program I loaded a GEDCOM backup for the Briggs family from my thumbdrive. Once the data was loaded I posted the "Preparer" information for the file. Then I ran some tests by creating and viewing several reports in the PDF format. Everything seems to be working. There are six or eight GEDCOM files on the thumbdrive.

I also sent an Email to the company that sells the program Ancestral Author. I didn't have a backup copy of this program. I want to install that program on the computer too.

I have four more Conger articles ready to post to my "News" blog. That's enough information to last through Saturday. I'll bring my CongerWeek project to a close then.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: