Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Difficult Times

Photo: Mr. Dickie (San Blas Indian Mola - Panama)

If you have difficult times, if you suffer from the loss of loved ones or from fears about the future, remember that life exists only in the present and direct all your thoughts and memories to this present. All your anguish about the past and your worries about the future will disappear, and you will feel freedom and happiness. (Anonymous, in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 17 November)

******

I found a Zip disk with Conger genealogy files in Personal Ancestral File (PAF) format. The computer I'm using now has a copy of PAF installed. I was able to read the file and use copy and paste to extract the "notes" for: John Belconger, Job Conger and David Conger. Yesterday I posted the notes for David Conger to my genealogy "news" blog thus extending my CongerWeek. Today I'll post the other two notes.

Melva is trying to get one of her sewing machines fixed. We found another repair shop in the shopping center where the double thrift store is located on New Hampshire Avenue. We will need to make two trips to the shop because we didn't take all of the accessories. The shop owner suggested that throatplate "A" works better.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: