Sunday, November 8, 2009

Emotional Detachment


Of course I must be concerned with what happens to the people in my life. The purpose of emotional detachment is to keep myself from being drawn into crises of ... [other peoples] making. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 3 November)

Fake it until you make it! (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 13 September)

******

Yesterday we had a nice November day that allowed us to continue doing our fall yard work. I set the lawn mower lower hoping that this would be the last time I need to mow the grass this year. I also dug several wild raspberry bushes from the flowerbed along the back fence. In doing so I found a large root leftover from when we cut down the Bradford pear tree. Melva worked in some of the smaller flowerbeds. She spread a couple of the bags of mulch that I went to purchase when I first came outside. We both think we are almost done with all of the outside yard projects. I still have to find someone to replace the damaged flooring in the shed. The work is never really done.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: