Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Computer Club Website


Accepting our friends and family for what they are rather than what we idealize them to be, is part of growing up emotionally. It is our own weakness and insecurity that causes us to try to make gods out of other people. (Food For Thought, 5 November)

Our lives are happier and our emotions more even when we realize we are choosing our reactions. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day)

******

The website committee meeting of the Computer Club was quite interesting. Five of us were able to attend. Bob brought his laptop and gave a PowerPoint presentation about his view of the website issues. We used the conference room and the projector. The WiFi connection to the Internet worked perfectly. As usual I learned things I didn't know and had to think about issues that had never come to mind. We discussed the fact that we don't have feedback about how much usage the website gets. We all agreed that it would be a good idea to have at least one visitor counter on the website. They also made me aware that it's possible to install a "Message Forum" on a website using free, inserted, HTML code. I became aware that I didn't have a handle on the website password. That's because I have it hard coded in the FTP program. I reviewed my notes to make certain I had that information. Barry suggested looking at the applications of Bravenet. In the evening I installed their visitor counter and message forum software on the website. All of this discussion about the club website reminds me of the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Mr. Dickie

No comments: