Saturday, November 28, 2009

Genealogy News


I see how necessary it is to accept changes in my patterns of living - if I really hope for a serene and orderly existence. Some people don't know how badly they need a new way of life until disaster overtakes them. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 21 November)

******

I'm working on creating some new folders on my hard drive, my floppies and my Zip disks. The idea is to use more folders to help me more quickly find the files when I want to look at something.

I'd forgotten how useful the GenViewer program can be when I want to quickly review the contents of a GEDCOM file without loading the data into my genealogy program. This could be very useful when I'm considering producing a Register report with the Ancestral Author program. I'm trying to learn new ways of preparing reports when I want to share my information.

Melva and Cyndi decided to attempt some day after Black Friday shopping today. I'm glad there's nothing I have to buy.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: