Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Computer Club Meeting


No matter what you face, choose clarity over confusion. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 304)

Superficiality is the curse of our age. The doctrine of instant satisfaction is a primary spiritual problem. (Richard J. Foster in Touchstones, 31 October)

I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving. (Oliver Wendell Holmes in Courage to Change, 2 November)

******

Tomorrow the computer club meets. There's no speaker. We will just open the floor to discussion. Victor, the chair of the website committee, and I will probably bring up some topics we want to discuss. The club has a "group" site on Yahoo that has never been used. I like the structure of groups on Google. We are going to suggest that the club abandon the Yahoo group and set up a Google group. I found a Google group that the Alamo Computer Club uses. It's an open group so we can look at it during the club meeting if the laptop and the projector are set up. I also think the club officers should put their Email addresses on the "Contact" page of our website, if they are willing. I've already modified the page to make it easier to update. (I removed the table format.) I added my own Email address to the page.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: