Monday, November 9, 2009

Digital Photography


We are not satisfied with our real life. We want to live an imaginary life, a life in which we seem different in the eyes of other people than we are in reality. (Blaise Pascal in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 2 November)

Do what you do, to the best of your ability, with a loving intent, for the good of all involved. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 21 October)

******

We went to Bethesda, Maryland yesterday to visit with Cyndi. We watched some of the football game between Washington and Atlanta. Washington continued to struggle and the injuries to the players continued to mount up. Washington lost the game.

I had 130 photographs on the card in my digital camera. I asked Cyndi to help me copy the photos to other storage. We put them on a CD and on a thumb drive. We also uploaded twenty-five of them to Picasa. When I got home the first thing I did was check to see if I could read the CD with the desktop computer. It worked. This will allow me to use some of the photos on my Google blogs. Other CDs that I made at the Senior Center don't work on the desktop computer. I don't have a clue about why that happened.

I found a folder on my computer with enough Conger files to allow me to have a Conger Week on my genealogy news blog. I posted two articles on Sunday.

Three of my online friends celebrated birthdays this weekend. I posted birthday messages to two of them on Facebook and sent an AOL Happy Birthday Email to the one who isn't on Facebook.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: