Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Don't Get It

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Hydrangea in our yard, grown from cutting)

Today, I'll be grateful for all my relationships. I will open myself to the lesson and the gift from each person in my life. I will trust that I, too, am a gift in other people's lives. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 7 November)

I will accept all that I am, and resolve to change those parts that are not working for me. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 341)

******

So what's the deal with that Oprah Winfrey? Yesterday she was weeping on her show, saying goodbye. For all of the talk on television, radio and the articles in the newspaper you'd think she wouldn't be back on Monday. Give us a break. Her last program is scheduled for September 2011. She still publishes (monthly ?) a magazine with her picture on every cover. And, she is in the process of starting a cable TV channel with Discovery to be called, OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). When she gets her "own" television network won't she be on television twenty-four hours a day. Maybe that's something we should all cry about.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: