Friday, September 4, 2009

We Are All in the Same Boat

Photo: Aztech New Media

We did not all come over on the same ship, but we are all in the same boat. (Bernard M. Barach in Touchstones, 16 August)

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. (William James in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 16 August)

The wiser a person is, the simpler the language he uses to express his thoughts. (Lucy Malory in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 22 August)

... we do not have to allow ... [the] destructive beliefs [of others] to control us, our feelings, our behaviors, or our life. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 27 August)

You cannot want more for someone than they want for themselves. If they want it, it is up to them to go out and get it; you should not have to drive or take them to find it. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 23 August)

******

Yesterday I didn't post to my blogs. In the morning I was busy and later in the day I just didn't feel like turning on a computer.

Yesterday afternoon I attended the computer club meeting in Bowie, MD. Dennis brought the new name tags for the first time. They bought a kit of Avery labels and holders with spring clips. Inserts for all of the members were already printed. One of the members gave a very nice talk about what happened when she spilt a glass of water onto the keyboard of her Dell laptop. She used her own computer and the center's projector to display her nice Power Point show. After the meeting I spent an hour using the computer in the hallway. I made a couple of CDs from the thumb drive I had attached to my laptop when it died. There are several GEDCOM files on the thumb drive. I believe those are backups of my genealogy files that I made after I converted them to RootsMagic. I have my fingers crossed. I had some problems using the CD drive on the desktop computer. That made me realize that I'd better not place too much faith in that computer.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: