Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clean Up the Clutter


My health is a result of thinking healthy thoughts and living a balanced life - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 239)

The past should be culled like a box of fresh strawberries, rinsed of debris, sweetened judiciously and served in small portions, not very often. (Laura Palmer in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 19 August)

I know that order is crucial to serenity. I will give away anything I haven't used in the last year. I know that doing this will make me feel relieved and in control. It is a simple correction that will bring me peace and satisfaction. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 239)

*******

The son of one of my neighbors found several houses in our neighborhood listed For Sale on the Internet. Only one house actually has a for sale sign in front of it. Now there are eight houses out of about 120 that are not occupied.

I went for an hour walk yesterday. I paid the price. During the night my back and the bottom of my right foot reminded me that I'd been on my feet too long. What a mess. I need to do some exercise and I enjoy walking but I pay a price for trying to do what I know is good for me.

There are still webpages created by other folks that list the URL of my old genealogy website on AOL. I haven't tried to contact anyone about it because in the past the contact information on the other websites was out of date. I suppose some folks are being annoyed.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: