Thursday, September 17, 2009

Diminishing Returns

Without honest, meaningful contact with other people, we are emotionally undernourished. ... we learn to seek out the kinds of people and activities that fill us and to avoid those that leave us empty. (Food For Thought, 14 September)

Just for today, consider those experiences where you are experiencing a diminishing return on your mental, emotional, spiritual or physical investments. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 15 September)

******

Yesterday I went to the library. I had to return a book I was trying to read. It's a new book and someone else put a hold on it before I could finish. While at the library I used one of their computers to print out a report I created at home, an incoming Email that we both wanted to read and a snail mail letter I wrote with Google Docs. I printed out the snail mail letter, placed it in an envelope I brought along and mailed it in the mailbox across the street. I'm glad most of my friends and relatives now communicate via Email. It's so much more immediate and much easier.

This morning I finished a project to label 28 Zip disks that I used to store some of my data over the years. I downloaded a program, JDirPrinter, and used it to create twenty-eight report files listing the contents of each disk. Now when I'm looking for something or trying to remember if I even have it I'll be able to look at those reports to get an idea of what's available.

On one of my blogs I posted a link to Google help page about "What's a Following." I'm not certain I understand it yet myself. Maybe I need to spend more time reading that help page.

I also started to use the Google Reader. So far I'm only reading my own stuff. Talk about "having an ego."

Mr. Dickie

No comments: