Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labels (Tags)

Labels (Tags)

This morning I finally understood how I should use the Labels feature of Google blogs. Labels are sometimes referred to as "tags". It's a way to assign categories to information. What I didn't understand, until I took a look at Cyndi Howell's Blog, was that there is a Google Labels widget that can be installed in the sidebar. Once the widget is installed the usefulness of the "labels" is apparent. When you click on a "label" set of blog entries is created in which that particular "label" appears.

For example: If I used "WestVirginia" to label my blog entries about West Virginia you could click on that label to quickly create a set of all of the West Virginia blog entries. Neat!

I set my widget to list the labels in alphabetical order with the number of occurences in parentheses.

I'll install the widget in my "News" and "Obits" blogs first because I think I did a better job of creating labels in these blogs.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: