Saturday, September 5, 2009

Those Who Do Nothing

Photo: Aztech New Media

I am in charge of my life. It requires vigilance and diligence. If I want a better life, it is up to me to get it for myself. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 270)

The irony of your present eating habits is that while you fear missing a meal, you aren't fully aware of the meals you do eat. (Dan Millman in Touchstones, 22 August)

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. (Mark Twain in Courage to Change, 23 August)

Those who do nothing, do bad things. Those who do nothing, have many associates and supporters. The brain of a lazy and idle person is the favorite stopping place of the devil. (Anonymous in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 25 August)

******

Yesterday I continued to upload PDF files to the "private" genealogy website I am building on Google Sites. Unless I change my mind I plan to invite friends to access the website after I finish uploading all of the available PDF files. I'm working on file names that begin with the letter "H" now.

The more I use my old desktop computer the more aware I am that "I'm skating on thin ice." There are a number of signs that all is not well with this computer. I'm hoping it will last while I procrasinate about making my decision of what to do next. I know I am dreaming if I think these computer problems will take care of themselves.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: