Monday, September 28, 2009

GenForum

Photo: Aztech New Media (Yosemite, CA)

Fear clouds opportunities, erases possibilities, and limits the ability to move beyond the place in which the mind is stuck. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 270)

Procrastination - not acting when the time is right - is a self-defeating behavior. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 27 August)

The more upset a person is with other people, and with circumstances, and the more satisfied he is with himself, the further he is from wisdom. (Anonymous in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 13 September)

******
Last night I discovered that there is a way to create a list of links to all of the postings I've made on GenForum in the past. The first thing I needed to do was figure out my "UserName" and "Password." I asked GenForum to send me an Email with the information. The message indicated that I had three accounts with the service. I have no idea what that's about. One of the three accounts matched information I'd recorded on a 3 x 5 card. I used this to sign on. I also don't understand how many components there are to GenForum. I know it is part of Genealogy.com and I think it is part of Ancestry.com. There's a chat service and it looks like that requires registration too. Does each component require registration? I created a posting on my "News" blog with a listing of the links to all of my GenForum postings.

Today I spent three hours, before noon, working in the yard and in the shed. I thought I needed to straighten the shed in order to look for flowerbed edging plastic. I needed about forty feet of edging to put inside the new flowerbed border we are making in the front yard. When I opened the left hand shed door I found the edging right away. I stopped the shed project and installed the edging to finish the flowerbed project. Afterwards I went back to the shed clean-up project. I discovered that the flooring on the right side of the shed is completely rotted out. As a matter of fact the table in the corner was actually standing on three legs. I have no idea whether the floor supports are bad or whether the entire floor will need to be replaced. I'll probably hire someone to help me with this project. I don't think I'm physically able to do it myself.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: