Sunday, September 20, 2009

Still Learning


Every human being is a problem in search of a solution. (Ashley Montagu in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 20 August)

I won't laugh in someone's face, for that would be mean-spirited and inappropriate, and it is never in my best interest or the good of mankind to make fun of another person's inadequacies. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 284)

Observing our children is like reading a fascinating and often amazing book. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 1 September)

I realize that when I care what other people think relative to me, I am owned by them. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 276)

******

Yesterday we spent several hours doing yard work. Melva started by herself. After about an hour I started feeling guilty and went out to help. She is removing stones that we'd placed around two flower beds in the front yard. We managed to move all of them to the backyard before we'd had enough physical activity..

Something went wrong with my AOL display. The font was so small I couldn't read it. This happens from time to time. I don't know what causes it. The problem is you can't fix it while using AOL. Luckily this time I remembered that I have to start the Internet Explorer and reset the font size there.

I'm learning more about the Firefox browser. I set it to use Gmail whenever I click on a "Send Me Mail" button on someone's website. I also set the browser to use the Sumatra PDF reader rather than the Adobe Reader. I did this because the Adobe Reader loads so slowly. I also installed the Google "BlogThis!" application on the browser tab bar. This makes it very quick and easy to post the URL of any webpage I'm viewing to any of my four blogs. I wonder if there is a book about Firefox at the library. I didn't notice one when I was browsing in the stacks. I need to check the catalog.

I discovered that the City of Bowie website has an obsolete link to the Bowie Seniors Computer Club website. I sent an Email to them with them requesting an update. I don't know for sure how many links need updating.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: