Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How Does That Work?


Meditation is the daily minimum requirement that will prevent us from breaking down and falling apart - at the most inopportune moments. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 265)

Knowledge is simply information gathered; knowing how to use knowledge for the sake of health, community, and happiness is wisdom. (Craig Gallaway in The Upper Room Disciplines -2006, 12 September)

I will let others know I value them, and why. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 21 September)

Make a point of recognizing small changes and improvements. (After - Courage to Change, 20 September)

******

The members of the computer committee are discussing a problem I noticed. When I used the computers in the hallway at the Bowie Senior Center I wasn't able to read the short course descriptions. I'm able to read them from the computer I'm using at home. After an exchange of Email between the committee members we think we understand what happened. The two computers in the hallway can't read files with the ".doc" extension of MSWord and the other word processing programs of MicroSoft. This may happen when someone tries to read those files from home. We think the best way around the problem is to convert the files to the PDF file format.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: