Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Day of My Life

Today, I will avoid making excuses for my own or someone else's behavior. I will let consequences and responsibility fall where they belong. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 7 September)

... a genuine desire to help a loved one can be exaggerated into a desperate need to fix another person. (Courage to Change, 17 August)

Allowing ourselves to become too busy is asking for trouble. We can concentrate actively only so long without a period of rest and relaxation. (Food For Thought, 6 September)

What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. (Hugh Mulligan in Touchstones, 14 August)

******


If you write an online blog I'm willing to post a link to it on Mr. Dickie's blog. Just send me an Email.

The program I used on my desktop computer to unzip files no longer works. They want some money. I checked the list of freeware on the computer club website. They recommended the program 7-Zip. I downloaded and installed a copy. It worked. I was able to unzip some genealogy files I stored on my Iomega Zip disks.

I'm worried about the possibility of the desktop computer failing. It's almost like these machines are holding us hostage.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: