Saturday, September 12, 2009

To Market, To Market

Photo: Aztech New Media

Appearances may suggest that I am not making any progress, but when I see myself as a work still in progress and still learning, I realize that every experience of my life has a purpose. While I may not be able to see the big picture right now, each step is bringing me closer to a clearer understanding and to my goal. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word for Healing, p. 219)

Addiction is a form of slavery. (after Ric Engram, Pace Yourself, 9August)

******

We went to the county fair yesterday afternoon to see the Daisy applique quilt Melva entered. I failed to read the flyer with the hours the fair is open. I had no idea that part of the time they only open in the evening. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. The doors didn't open until 5:00 p.m. Melva talked her way into the exhibit hall. One of her customers is in charge of the craft exhibit area. We stayed for about 45-minutes. Melva won a second place ribbon.

Today we are setting up a table at the VFW flea market. We woke up at 5:00 a.m., an hour earlier than planned. Last night Melva staged all of the things she planned to take in the kitchen. I had the minivan loaded before 6:00 a.m. Melva has an inside table, in case it rains again today. We can start to set up at 7:00 a.m. for the sale which runs from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. I always say, in the words of Bluegrass singer Ralph Stanley, "It's a whole lotta work, for a little bitty pay."

Mr. Dickie

No comments: