Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Facebook Fun

Encouraging and approving of ourselves is how we help ourselves stay on track. Today, I will love and encourage myself. I will tell myself that what I'm doing is good enough, and I'll let myself enjoy that feeling. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 25 February)

The reason we can't get clear is because we have so many things cluttering our minds and lives. We have so much mental chatter we can't hear ourselves think. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 23 February)

The future is like heaven - everyone exalts it but no one wants to go there now. (James Baldwin in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 24 February)

  • Back in August I used the Internet to find the address and phone number of Rich, who lived across the street in Wichita, KS. I hadn't been in touch with him for many years. Yesterday I dialed the number and we talked for about an hour and a half. It was great to catch up on news about his family. He remembered lots of things I no longer remembered.
  • This morning there was a big surprise when I checked Facebook. There was a message from a classmate of the Wichita, Kansas, East High School, Class of '57 informing me that a group is forming for this class. I put the name of the group in the Facebook search box and quickly found the group. With one more click I became the sixth member. It will be fun to see how this group progresses.
  • We are in the final stages of planning for Melva's trip to Panama. The final step is to book the flights. Cyndi will do this task.
  • I'm still having fun posting books I've read to weRead(IRead). It's fun to review the books I've read. Touching some of the books instantly gave me a feeling that I ought to read the book again. How can I find the time when I have so many unread books on my book shelves? I'm grateful to teachers, libraries and authors for instilling a lifelong interest in reading. I regret that I didn't devote more time to reading when I was younger. I'm aware that I am going to run out of time before I read all of the books I'd like to read.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: