Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

I can let go of things and people and my need to control today. I can deal with my feelings. I can get peaceful. I can get calm. I can get back on track and find the true to key happiness - myself. I will remember that a gray day is just that - one gray day. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 15 February)

When I know too much about my options before the time is right to exercise those options, I tend to use the information only to drive myself crazy. (Courage to Change, 14 February)

The more we are able to simplify our lives, the more effective we become. (Food For Thought, 11 February)

The person who makes no mistakes usually does not make anything. (Alcoholism the Family Disease in Courage to Change, 29 February)
  • Snow fell during much of the night. By 9:30 a.m. most of the snowfall was over and folks came out to start clearing the walks and driveways. The snow blew around a lot. Even the car in the carport was covered. I left the minivan out in the open. If I can hire someone to clear away the snow I'm going to spend some money to get help. We got very lucky. While I was typing John Cooper showed up across the street with his snowblower. He cleared the snow for Jim, Fred and us. What a blessing.
  • Melva is scheduled to leave Dulles airport at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, the 3rd of March for a five hour flight to Panama. We are hopeful that the airport will be back to full operation in the next nineteen hours.
  • Yesterday I continued to find books to add to my weRead. It's fun to have the program count the number of books I have posted. I wonder if I can find 45 more books I've read in the basement. to bring the total to 300. I sure do like counting things.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: