Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Facebook Broke

Not only are we all going to hell in a handbasket, but we all apparently will be texting about it. (Norman Chad, The Washington Post, Sports Section, page D2, 30 March 2009)
  • Something went wrong between AOL and Facebook. For a couple of days I haven't been able to sign on to Facebook. Rather, when the second screen displays partially AOL locks up and I have to shut AOL down and start again. This is very upsetting since I have been actively posting to Facebook on a regular basis. The problem serves to remind me that computers and computer software are very fragile. Things can break for no apparent reason. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be an easy way around the problem.
  • Today the weather was pleasant. I brought five buckets of cana lily roots up from the basement. My goal was to find enough space in the garden plots for all of them. I dug up four spots and managed to put most of the bigger pieces into the ground. I also moved three pots with tulips away from the wall of the house to hardened them up. They'd been sitting under plastic bags. I had to remind myself to stop before the point of exhaustion. Because doing yard work is very hard on my bad back it takes a lot of physical and emotional stamina to accomplish what needs to be done. Each year it is more and more evident that the time to stop maintaining a garden is fast approaching.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: