Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two Parts of Wisdom

We lie to other people so often that we get used to it, and we start to lie to ourselves. (Francois de la Roche Foucauld in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 24 February)

Life, if you will, is a work of art, and if we have paid loving attention to its details, we will be able to take pride in the finished product. (Harold Kushner in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 7 March)

Wisdom is divided into two parts: (a) having a great deal to say, and (b) not saying it. (Anonymous in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 375)

Unless you make every waking [moment] a learning process you are wasting a major portion of your life. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 4 March)

Watch out if you follow the crowd because they may not know where they're headed. (Dr. Phil McGraw, The Ultimate Weight Solution, p. 227)

We can believe what we choose. We are answerable for what we choose to believe. (Cardinal Newman in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 354)
  • I spent yesterday morning sorting and filing papers. My file cabinet is almost filled to overflowing. Periodically I have to force myself to do this task. Otherwise, at some point I can't find something I need in a hurry.
  • In the afternoon I spent some time working with my Favorites on AOL. Many of them no longer worked because AOL dropped support for many of the pages people had put on the Internet. The favorites list on AOL is quite difficult to keep in order. Today, after many years of fighting the problem, I believe I came up with an easier way to organize the favorites. I created folders for each letter of the alphabet. Then I moved the named folders into the appropriate lettered folders. I'm interested in this project because I'd like to post more links to the bookmarking site, Delicious.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: