Friday, March 27, 2009

Three Kinds of People

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, those who wonder what happened. (Unknown, in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 11 March)

Do not despair. Do not be disappointed if you see that you cannot accomplish all the good which you would like to accomplish. If you fail, try to stand up; try to overcome the obstacle before you. Get to the heart of the matter, to the essense of things. (Marcus Aurelius in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 27 March)
  • This morning as I neared the end of my daily morning reading for a fleeting moment I noticed a vision problem. When I tried to read the morning paper at breakfast I knew for certain that I had reason to be concerned. I quickly took one of my Excedrin migraine tablets. Then I put on my eye shade and laid back down with the PBS classical music station playing in the background. Later on I put one of my subliminal tapes with ocean sounds and music into my player and listened to that for a while. After about an hour and a half I was able to resume activity without too much residual damage. I still couldn't type without making typos. It's a very upsetting situation when this happens.
  • I'm looking forward to going to lunch with Fred our neighbor from across the street at 11:30 a.m. Maybe I'll ask him to drive.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: