Thursday, March 5, 2009

Live a Good Life

We should be ready for death, because it will come sooner or later. The best thing to do is to live a good life. If you live a good life, you should not be afraid of death. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 1 March)

See the inevitable changes not as threats but as opportunities that can deepen our understanding and bring us wisdom and growth. (Susan C. Taylor in Faith in the Valley by Iyanla Vanzant, p. 89)

Our calendar is a mess. Every four years a February 29th shows up. Some holidays and events are on fixed dates and others move around. Find a priest and ask him why Christ's birth can stay fixed on one day, but his death date keeps changing. (Andrew Frothingham and Tripp Evans, after Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, 29 February)
  • Yesterday I began to review some 3x5 card records I maintained of books read. I discovered that many books have similar titles. I hadn't written down the author's names. This lack of information made it difficult to determine whether I had found the book I wanted on weRead.
  • I added a link to my Mr. Dickie's Blog to the Wichita Class of '57 group. I've noticed that folks are reluctant to post
  • The public classical radio station called again asking for money. They said my membership ran out. They asked for money too often. Less than a month ago they called and asked for money during the fund drive. If they keep this up I am going to stop contributing.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: