Monday, March 30, 2009

What Will Happen Next?

Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. (Helen Keller in Courage to Change, 10 March)

...If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change what I did. I would change the way I felt about what I did. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p.94)

  • Yesterday I had a very frustrating day trying to sign on to Facebook. Each time I tried AOL locked up and I had to shutdown the computer to start over. The problem continued on into the early morning hours (4:00 a.m.) of March 30th. Using computers and the Internet is fun as long as it works.
  • One of my friends, who doesn't own a computer, called yesterday evening to warn me about a computer virus that he couldn't name. Russians are going to steal money from our bank account. Geez! I already had Americans do this and they didn't have to gain access to my personal computer to do it. I felt like reminding him to, "Be careful crossing the street."
  • There was lots of early morning car movement in the neighborhood from 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. I suppose the police are too busy with serious crime to do anything about all the Latinos who put noisy mufflers on their cars. There "oughta be a law." Maybe there isn't.
  • The "bullet" sometimes goes where I want it, and sometimes doesn't. Part of my "you aren't in charge" lesson, I suppose. It looks alright when I do the preview. Go figure.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: