Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Habits

The unfortunate thing about this world is that good habits are so much easier to give up than bad ones. (Somerset Maugham in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 6 March)

Affirmation: I can begin today to develop strong, new habits and to hold on to my old, strong habits. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 6 March)

Truth cannot make a person unkind, or too self-assured; the manifestations of truth telling are humility and simplicity. (A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 24 February)

It takes a walk the length of a football field to burn off the calories in one M&M. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 38)
  • Today, on this the 109th birthday of my mother, Ruth, I remember her lovingly. She was a loving daughter, wife, sister, mother, aunt, cousin, mother-in-law, grandmother, teacher and Christian lady who set a good example for all. May she rest in peace.
  • Today I'm ready to review our tax returns for 2008. This year they sent them to me via Email. Last year I went to the office. I'm hopeful that I won't discover any last minute issues.
  • I spent time yesterday sorting and shredding paper. At the bottom of the bottom file cabinet drawer I found important documents that were misplaced in the paper clutter. It's good that I found them, but my timing was terrible. We needed them a month ago.
  • Before I started the laptop this morning I swapped out the CD drive and installed the small floppy drive. I have some genealogy data on floppies that I'm thinking about sharing on the Internet.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: