Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Your Actions

Photo: Mr. Dickie ("He ain't heavy, Father. He's my brother," statue at Boys Town, Nebraska)

Your actions should be determined not by the desire of the people around you, but by the needs of all mankind. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 24 January)

Reactive people build their emotional lives around the behavior of others, empowering the weaknesses of other people to control them. (Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, p. 72)

...people may not remember everything you do, however, they will always remember how you do it. (Iyanla Vanzant, 21 January)
  • I joined the Facebook group "Henthorn's Are So Hot." There are about 90 members. I posted several messages about early Henthorn history. Yesterday I read the messages in the discussion area and in the wall area. Many of the comments were about whether the surname should be spelled with the "e" on the end. I let folks know that Hinthorn(e)s are also part of the family.

  • This morning we woke up to snow again. The cars and the ground were covered. I made a test drive to the Shell station to put gas in Melva's car. I didn't have any problems. We decided that it would be all right for Melva to go to work. She left a few minutes after 9:00 a.m.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: