Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A New Day


Patience is a virtue many do not possess. We have very little difficulty identifying what we want and need. The difficulty comes in waiting for it to manifest. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 15 February)

The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. (Muhammad Ali, in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 381)

Many persons might have attained to wisdom had they not assumed that they already possessed it. (Seneca in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 381)

  • Yesterday I worked on installing and learning about WeRead(IRead) into Facebook. This application tracks and shares information about books we own, books we've read and books we want to read. Two or three of my Facebook friends already installed the application.
  • I'm enjoying writing and reading some recollections in the Facebook group for the Bellevue, Nebraska, Class of '57. So far, Lloyd, Nancy and I have been the ones posting. I'm hopeful that something we write will inspire other group members to post some of their memories of growing up in Bellevue.
  • I had a nice private chatroom visit with Eileen my friend (and relative) in genealogy esterday. She's lives in England which makes being able to do this such a neat thing.
  • On the first of January 2008 I started reading, "Abounding Grace - An Anthology of Wisdom," edited by M. Scott Peck. I finished the book this morning. It's a collection of quotations from others. Author Peck wrote an introduction to each chapter. I used many of the quotations in my Mr. Dickie's Blog.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: