Monday, February 9, 2009

Facebook Fun

Photo: Mr. Dickie (NRECA - Touchstone Energy balloon at Omaha, NE, 2008)


The first question to be answered by any individual or any social group, facing a hazardous situation, is whether the crisis is to be met as a challenge to strength or as an occasion for despair. (Harry Emerson Fosdick in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 363)

  • Today I added Facebook friend number twenty-six, Richard, one of my very good friends from college and Army ROTC. This weekend I added Nancy and Lloyd, former classmates in Bellevue, NE, to my list of friends. I'm hopeful that two more classmates will respond to my messages. Three of the ladies in my group of friends celebrate their birthdays today. I wouldn't have known this without Facebook. While composing a birthday message to one of the ladies I noticed that she had a message on her Wall from one of our mutual AOL friends. The more you use Facebook the more fun it becomes.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: