Thursday, February 19, 2009

Words


When people speak in a very elaborate and sophisticated way, they either want to tell a lie, or to admire themselves. You should not believe such people. Good speech is always clear, clever, and understood by all. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 15 February)
Words can unite people. Therefore, try to speak very clearly, and tell only the truth, for nothing can unite people more than truth and simplicity. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 15 February)
  • I went to the website committee meeting followed by the computer club meeting at Bowie, MD today. We are planning to bring the club website up-to-date and then maintain it current. We can use free webspace we have on Comcast.
  • After the meeting I stopped at the home of former co-workers to drop off a book I bought at the booksale last weekend.
  • I'm having fun creating my own bookmarks on Delicious. I'm planning to write about it on my genealogy blog soon.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: