Friday, February 13, 2009

Thank Goodness for the USB Port


Patience is a virtue I am once again cultivating. Life's circumstances have taught me the importance of finding the joy in each day. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 1 February)

I cherish the memories of the golden moments of my life. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, p. 34)

One man asked another on the death of a mutual friend, "How much did he leave?" His friend responded, "He left it all." (Stephen R. Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, p. 99)

I hate people who are intolerant. (Laurence J. Peter in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 328)

  • Yesterday I completed a project to take some photographs off of my damaged desktop computer. I used the inconveniently located USB port on the back of the computer to accomplish the task. During the process I even created some new folders on the thumb drive to better organize the photographs. By the end of the day I think I recovered everything I wanted. While the computer seems to respond more slowly when I use the USB port that's a small price to pay if I can save some of the files I want.
  • Today, I'm working on another salvage project. There are 2,664 journal files on the broken computer that I want. Using the same thumb drive I think I will be able to get all of that information that took years to write off of the computer. If it works it will be a blessing.
  • You can never have too many backups.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: