Monday, February 16, 2009

How To Grow Old

To know how to grow old is the master-work of wisdom and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. (Henri Frederic Amiel, in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 378)

If you don't have time for exercise, ask yourself if you have time for heart disease, stroke, cancer, or diabetes. If you don't exercise with some degree of regularity, you are making a decision to compromise your life quality, today and in the future. (Dr. Phil McGraw, The Ultimate Weight Solution, p. 213)

A man cannot leave his wisdom or his experience to his heirs. (Italian Proverb in Abounding Grace by M. Scott Peck, p. 381)
  • Last night I finished reading "America's Hidden History," by Kenneth C. Davis. I checked the book out at the library. I didn't like this book as much as I like his books from the "Don't Know Much About ..." series.
  • I installed an icon for Delicious on my AOL toolbar. When I click the Icon a window appears with my list of bookmarks that I recorded on Delicious along with the site descriptions I wrote. If I want to post the bookmarks to Facebook I have to invoke the "Import" command while signed on to Facebook.
  • This morning I had a nice private chat with my friend and distant relative, Eileen, in England. Being able to do this is one of the wonderful things about the Internet.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: