Sunday, August 9, 2009

Video on Demand


Photo: Aztech New Media


I will work hard to remove myself as a victim, whether that means setting and enforcing a boundary, walking away, dealing with my feelings, or giving myself what I need. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 26 July)

There is nothing you can say in answer to a compliment. I have been complimented myself a great many times, and they always embarrass me - I always feel that they have not said enough. (Mark Twain, in Touchstones, 15 July)

The people who come into our lives are a reflection of who we are. They reveal to us those things we cannot [see] or refuse to see about ourselves. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 7 August)

As rules go, "You should behave as other people behave" is among the most dangerous; it almost always results in your behaving badly. (Jean de la Bruyere in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 7 April)

******

I didn't watch the first episode of season eight of Mr. Monk on Friday night. I taped the show as the last show on a marathon tape I recorded earlier in the day. On Saturday night I used the Verizon Video on Demand (VOD) to watch the show on the TV in the basement. This works better because they leave out thirteen minutes of commercials.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: