Friday, August 7, 2009

Four-step Win/Win Process


Four-step Win/Win Process


First, see the problem from the other point of view. Really seek to understand and to give expression to the needs and concerns of the other party as well as or better than they can themselves.

Second, identify the key issues and concerns (not positions) involved.

Third, determine what results would constitute a fully acceptable solution.

And fourth, identify possible new options to acheive those results.
(Stephen R. Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effectived People, p. 233)

******

Yesterday there was a "denial of service" attack against both Facebook and Twitter. I noticed that something was wrong when I tried to sign on to Facebook. In my opinion this kind of behavior is a form of terrorism and should be dealt with accordingly if the authorities can track down the culprits.

We went to the thrift store for the Monday 25% off sale. I "hit the jackpot" again. I bought eight, like-new, CDs for $4.05. I paid forty-five cents each for five of them and sixty cents each for three of them. All were classical except the Medusa album by Annie Lennox.In the evening I sat in the living room reading from two books and listening to the one of the CDs on my little portable player.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: