Thursday, August 20, 2009

Computer Issues

Detachment involves present-moment living -- living in the here and now. We allow life to happen instead of forcing and trying to control it. We relinquish regrets over the past and fears about the future. We make the most of each day. (Melody Beattie, in Codependent No More, found in The Language of Letting Go, 18 August)

Often we convince ourselves by rationalizing that all is well when it is not. Our emotional and spiritual health require that we examine honestly our behavior and our relationships. When they are not right we need to take action to correct them. (Food For Thought, 14 August)

I am free to act or not to act, to take a chance, to hold off on a decision, to make choices that feel right. (Courage to Change, 6 August)

******

Yesterday I learned how to link Pages in my Google Group. This allowed me to link some pages together in sets. I also wrote two pieces that I posted to the group. So far there are only eleven members. I made most of the postings. I wrote encouraging them to share their genealogy information with others. That's the neat thing about the group, members can interact.

I continue to have computer issues. I suspect the problem was caused by recent attempts to install new software on the computer. There's always a big risk involved whenever we want to try something else. In my experience I have never found it easy to go back to the way it was before the changes.

Another neighbor and I think that one of our neighbors ran his pickup truck into the front corner of his house and into the porch. Last weekend there were some Latinos there putting the brick veneer back in place.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: